Please sign in to contact the vendor
Our Scottish Blossom Honey honey comes from our own apiary at the Falkland estate in Fife which is located in the heart of the estate near apple orchard and surrounded by wildflowers and woodland.
Our bees get to enjoy apple blossom nectar as well as clover, Himalayan balsam, oak, lime and other wildflowers.
It is an organic land so our bees are thriving there and the honey is very tasty.
BLOSSOM HONEY – WHAT IS IT.
Our customers often ask what makes honey blossom so tasty and appealing.
The answer is pretty simple. What ever is in bloom bees will find it and make honey out of it.
In the early spring we get very light and delicate blossom mostly from apple bloom and rapeseed that is being farmed at the estate.
Later through out the summer bees forage on local trees such as:
as well as on clover, phacelia and other wildflowers which grow in abundance around apiary.
Falkland apiary it is one of our most productive sites due to the bio diversity that bees get live in and the fact the farm is fully organic which makes it ideal environment for our girls.
WHAT TO DO WITH IT.
There is no wrong answer here. Due to the fact that it is polyfloral honey the flavour is very seasonal but always compkex.
Personally we always use it in tea and bread making.
There is no better felling than freshly baked bread with Blossom Honey
Here is our fav recipie for sourdough bread with Blossom Honey
- 2 1/3 cups Fresh Sourdough Starter
- 3 1/3 cup of mixed White and Rye Flour
- 1-1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup of Blossom Honey
- Tbsp. Salt
- Mix sourdough starter, flour, honey and salt together.
- Knead dough for 15 min.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and let it rise in warm place for 12 h.
- Shape the dough into a loaf. Second proofing period is not required.
- Slice an X shape in the top of the loaf with a very sharp knife or razor blade. Bake in 160C in cast iron pot with a cover on for 45min. After time has passed remove the cover and bake until internal temp reaches 98C.
- We strongly recommend not to slice it until fully cooled down but as we know from our own experience it is probably impossible to resist.
No posts found
Please sign in to follow the vendor
We are an independent, family-owned company with 60 years of beekeeping traditions. All of our honey is being sourced in the sustainable and responsible... More »